Movies/TV

August 2, 2013

Avatar will get three sequels says James Cameron

Avatar will get three sequels says James Cameron

Avatar will get three sequels says James Cameron

Fox Studios have announced there will be three sequels to Avatar, after director James Cameron found two films “would not be enough”.

The three sequels will be filmed simultaneously beginning in 2014, and will be released respectively in December 2016, 2017 and 2018.

The 2009 3D film is the highest grossing movie of all time.

It told the story of a paraplegic soldier sent to the alien planet of Pandora.

“In writing the new films, I’ve come to realize that Avatar’s world, story and characters have become even richer than I anticipated,” Cameron said in a statement.

“It became apparent that two films would not be enough to capture everything I wanted to put on screen,” he continued.

While Cameron wrote the original film, four screenwriters have been signed up to work with him on the sequels.

They are Josh Friedman, who wrote War of the Worlds; Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver, who wrote Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Shane Salerno who scripted Armageddon.

Jim Gianopulos, head of Fox Films, said that everyone at the studio had “no higher priority, and can feel no greater joy, than enabling Jim to continue and expand his vision of the world of Avatar”.

In 2010, Cameron said that there would be two sequels that would feature “self-contained stories that also fulfil a greater story arc”.

“We will not back off the throttle of Avatar’s visual and emotional horse-power,” he said.

Last year, Sigourney Weaver said she will appear in the sequel, despite her character dying in the first instalment.






 
 

 
Robert Rodriguez to direct Fire and Ice remake

Robert Rodriguez to direct Fire and Ice remake

Robert Rodriguez will direct a remake of ‘Fire and Ice’. The 46-year-old filmmaker has joined the project – which is being created by Sony Pictures – which will see the 1983 movie reimagined as a live-ac...
by Kelvin Igere
0

 
 
Nicki Minaj's ex-boyfriend is devastated

Nicki Minaj’s ex-boyfriend is devastated

Nicki Minaj’s ex-boyfriend is reportedly still devastated following their split in October. Safaree Samuels, who dated the ‘Anaconda’ hit-maker for 12 years, is said to be an emotional wreck and friends are al...
by Kelvin Igere
0

 
 
Kris Jenner plans to change her name?

Kris Jenner plans to change her name?

Kris Jenner is thinking about reverting to her maiden name, Kris Houghton. The ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians’ star, whose divorce from Bruce Jenner was finalised in Los Angeles on Thursday (18.12.14) following th...
by Kelvin Igere
0

 

 
Balotelli banned over racist post

Balotelli banned over racist post

Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli has been suspended for one match, fined £25,000 ($39,176) and ordered to attend to an education course after making racist and anti-semitic comments. Related
by Kelvin Igere
0

 
 
Ozil closing on Arsenal return

Ozil closing on Arsenal return

Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil said that “it won’t be too much longer” before he returns from a knee injury in an interview published on the club website on Thursday. Related
by Kelvin Igere
0

 

 
Sam Smith sells a million albums in UK and US

Sam Smith sells a million albums in UK and US

Sam Smith has become the only artist to sell a million albums in the UK and US in 2014. The 22-year-old singer released his debut record ‘In the Lonely Hour’ earlier this year and it has now passed the huge mileston...
by Kelvin Igere
0

 
 
Kris Jenner and Bruce Jenner to spend Christmas together

Kris Jenner to pay Bruce Jenner $2.5 million

Kris Jenner has reportedly agreed to pay Bruce Jenner $2.5 million. The 59-year-old reality TV star and the 64-year-old Olympic gold medallist, whose divorce was finalised in Los Angeles yesterday (18.12.14) following their spl...
by Kelvin Igere
0